There are no hazardous and declarable substances in Zinc Al Flake coating, thus it is more friendly with environment. The Zinc Al Flake coatings are water based therefore I is low HAP (hazardous Air Pollution), Low VOC (Volatile Organic Content) Chrome Free, Meets ELV, WEE,ROHS Water Based Zinc Flake Coating Is Environmental Friendly.
EC Directive 2000/53/EC:
ELV™ End of Life Vehicles Directive
- This directive regulates material recycling of motor vehicles in the European Union. Since 01.July 2007 it contains prohibitions of different substances like heavy metals and chromium VI.
- Thus, materials and components of vehicles must not contain the harzadous chromium VI.
- This directive shall increase the recycling- and recovery rate.
EC Directive 2002/95/EC
RoHS – Restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment . This directive restricts the use of six hazardous materials in the production of various types of electronic and electrical equipment. These hazardous materials are
- Hexavalent chromium
- Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated diphenly ether (PBDE)